Review of the Binary Options Broker Market Punter
Type of Broker
Country of origin
- Forex Market: 26 currency pairs of the Forex market, including the most important like the EUR/USD, the USD/JPY and the GBP/USD.
- Commodities: 6 of the most important and traded commodities in the market including crude oil, natural gas, gold, silver and platinum.
- Indices: 14 of the main stock indices in the market. In this case the clients of this broker can trade with binary options based on indices like the S&P 500, FTSE 100, Dow Jones, MICEX and other.
- Stocks: 44 of the main stocks of the most important stocks exchanges in Europe, United States and Asia including Citigroup, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Lloyds, BAE and PetroChina among other.
Types of Binary Options
- High/Low binary options: These are the most popular and traded binary options in the market thanks to the high and fast profits that they offer to the trader and the simplicity of its operation compared to other trading instruments. In this case, the investor must predict if the price of the underlying asset will end above or below the acquisition price of the option once the contract expires. Normally, the expiration period of the Above/Below options offered by Market Punter is 1 hour, however, the client can trade with binary options with a maturity of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, 2 days a week etc.
- Above/Below binary options: These are binary options similar to the classic High/Low options, in which the trader must predict if the underlying price will end up or down a given price barrier (strike price), established by the broker. Unlike the High/Low options, the strike price is always different from the current market price at the time the option is acquired, so the trader must not only predict the direction of the market, but also the magnitude of the price movement. Because of their greater complexity, these options offer a higher payment or yield.
- One Touch Binary Options: It is a more complex type of binary option in which the trader must predict if the price of the financial asset (the underlying asset) will reach or not a predetermined price level. If the price touches that level, the option automatically expires without terminating its expiration period. Normally, these options have a longer expiration period than the High/Low options and offer a better performance up to 500%.
- Touch/No Touch binary options: In these exotic options, the investor has to predict whether the underlying asset price will reach or not a set price (barrier) before the expiration of the option. Therefore, these are options in which the trader not only has to predict market direction, but also a price level that can be reached or not before the expiration of the option. In this case, if the barrier is reached, the option is automatically exercised without terminating the contract expiration period. Usually, Touch/No Touch options have a wider maturity than High/Low options and also offer a higher yield up to 500% in the case of Market Punter.
- Range options: This is a more complex binary option type in which the trader has to predict whether the price of an asset will end within a predetermined price range. In this case, the option expires In The Money if the investor predicted successfully if the underlying price will expire in or out of the tunnel formed by the price range once the option expires. In other words, the range options are a type of tunnel option. For these options, Market Punter provides maturities and payments similar to those offered for High/Low and Above/Below payment options.
- 60 Seconds binary options: It is a special type of High/Low option that are characterized by an expiration period of just 60 seconds. Thanks to this feature, these options are ideal for investors interested in trades that can generate fast earnings, especially in volatile markets and instruments such as Forex, oil and gold for example.
- Custom Binary Options: High/Low binary options in which the trader has the possibility to modify the main parameters of the option contract, including the expiration period, the underlying asset, the risk level of the trade and the return offered if the option expires In The Money. In general, these are High/Low options through which the clients of Market Punter can trade with options fully adapted to their strategies.
Payment Offered by Market Punter
- High/Low binary options: The yield is 65% to 85% of the capital invested by the trader in the option.
- Above/Below binary options : The yield is 100% to 250% of the capital invested by the trader in the option.
- Touch/No Touch binary options: The yield is 70% to 500% of the capital invested by the operator in the option.
- Range binary options: The yield is 100% to 250% of the capital invested by the operator in the option.
- 60 seconds binary options: The yield is 65% to 75% of the capital invested by the operator in the option.
Market Punter offers a web-based trading platform with the following characteristics:
– Regular trading platform: It is a web-based platform (no download or installation required) which can be accessed through the website of this broker from any site with an Internet connection. This application designed based on the TradeSmarter platform, has several trading functions such as updated market quotes for underlying assets and price charts for example. The regular trading platform of Market Punter is designed specifically for binary options trading of various types and includes several positions managing tools to open and close positions with binary options and manage open positions.
This platform is designed with the following additional tools:
- Application of social trading: Market Punter has a social trading network which allows to view and copy the transactions of other traders, including professional and experienced traders in the binary options market This network is built into the trading platform of Market Punter and has a simple interface that provides the ability to copy the trades of other traders with one click.
- Double Up: If an option that is In The Money is near its expiration and the trader believes that the market will continue in the same direction in their favor, can create a new trade under the same conditions but based on the current price of the underlying asset through a feature called Double Up. This feature allows the trader to double the gains that can be obtained in one trade.
- Sell-Back: It is a feature through which the trader can sell an option back to the broker before the expiration of the contract. In other words, it offers the possibility of closing a position before the option expires. This tool is quite useful when the underlying market is moving against the trader, allowing to cut the losses or make a small profit if the option is In The Money, even momentarily.
- Risk-O-Meter: Through this tool, the trader can set the Risk/Benefit level of binary options. Thus, the trader has the ability to select the option payment if the contract expires In The Money, up to 90%, and the percentage that can be recovered if the option expires Out The Money, up to a maximum of 15 %. Among the greater the benefit chosen, the lower the percentage that can recover the trader in losing trades.
- Market sentiment indicator: This function allows the trader to visualize the dominant market sentiment of the clients that operate with the broker Market Punter, that is, the percentages of traders that have a bullish (Call options) or bearish (Put options) view of the different underlying assets of this broker.
- StrategyX: It is an application incorporated into the Market Punter platform through which traders can trade with more complex binary options contracts. Thanks to its multiple functions, the trader can customize the options (you can select expiration periods, payments, barriers, etc.), which is why it is ideal for more experienced traders.
Main Advantages of Market Punter
The main advantages and additional services of this broker are the following:
- Market Punter is a New Zealand broker which is duly regulated by the financial regulatory authorities of that country.
- It is one of the most consolidated binary options brokers in the sector.
- Market Punter customers have the possibility to trade options based on multiple financial assets including currency pairs, stocks and indices.
- Through its website, this broker provides free basic education about binary options and how to operate with this instrument.
- In the case of options that expire Out The Money, this broker allows its clients to recover up to 15% of the amount invested in the option.
- The trading platform of this broker is a simple an easy to use application which does not require downloading.
- Market Punter customers can close an operation early before the expiration of the binary option or increase the amount invested in a transaction with these financial derivatives.
- A service of live trading signals.
- An alert service through SMS messages.
- The clients of this broker have access to a personal account manager.
- Market Punter has a social trading service for all its customers.
- Through its website, this broker offers daily market analysis by experts.
- Likewise, this site includes free education on binary options which includes topics such as trading strategies.
- Market Punter has a good customer service that offers the following means of contact: email, telephone and live chat which operates 24 hours a day.
- This broker offers the possibility of earning money promoting your services as a broker through an affiliate program of your property called Market Punter Affiliates.
Main Broker Offers
- A welcome bonus for each new client that open an account and deposit funds.