|Thinkmarkets||-ECN/STP Forex and CFD Broker from Australia.|
-Regulated by bodies such as ASIC and FCA
-Many trading assets with tight spreads and low commissions
|Visit Broker Website|
ThinkMarkets – Forex Broker Analysis
ThinkMarkets is a Forex broker in Australia, which was founded in 2009. The main offices of the company are located in Australia and it has customer service offices located in various countries, including Spain, the UK, and Brazil. Currently, this company is duly registered and regulated by the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission), the regulatory body of financial services in Australia. This ensures the quality and legality of the services of this broker. ThinkMarkets is specialized in Forex, Contracts For Difference, and precious metals like gold and silver.
In this ThinkMarkets review, we are going to describe its main products and services. We are also going to talk about its regulation and trading conditions among other aspects.
Type of broker
ThinkMarkets is an ECN/STP Forex Broker.
This broker is regulated by ASIC ((Australian Securities and Investment Commission) of Australia.
Country of origin
The headquarters are located in Australia. The company also has a presence in other countries, including the United Kingdom, Spain, and Brasil.
The clients of ThinkMarkets have the possibility to trade with the following financial assets:
- Forex Market: 38 currency pairs in the spot Forex market, including the most important as the EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and GBP/USD, and other more exotic pairs like the USD/CNH for example.
- Precious Metals: Gold and silver in the spot market, two of the most important and traded commodities in the market.
- * Contracts For Difference: Contracts for difference based on the following underlying assets or markets:
- 10 stock indices like the S&P 500 and the FTSE 100.
- Energy commodities such as crude oil and natural gas.
- Metals like gold, silver, platinum, and copper.
- Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ripple.
* The trading conditions for CFDs offered by ThinkMarkets depend on the underlying instrument and the market conditions.
This broker offers the following types of trading accounts to its customers :
- Standard account: The main type of trading account of ThinkMarkets. It was designed for all types of traders, including traders with little experience in the markets. It requires a minimum deposit of $250 and offers various services, including support 24 hours a day, six days a week, market education, one-click trading, and an account manager. The minimum transaction size is 0.01 lots with a maximum leverage of 1:500 and extremely low variable spreads from 0.8 pips for major currency pairs like the EUR/USD. No commission charges for customer operations.
- Pro Account: This account is designed for traders with more experience and capital to trader in the financial markets. The minimum deposit to open a Pro account is $2000. It offers a range of additional services to the trader, such as support 24 hours a day, six days a week, market education, one-click trading, an account manager, a free VPS Service, daily market analysis, a trading management tool, and others. The minimum transaction size is 0.01 lots with a maximum leverage of 1:500 and extremely low variable spreads from 0.2 pips for major currency pairs like EUR/ USD. No commission charges for customer operations-
- Algo Account: A trading account created for large investors which offer a range of additional services to the customers of ThinkMarkets. It requires a minimum deposit of $25,000 and its advantages and additional services include FIX 4.4 API connections and improved trading conditions. The minimum transaction size is 0.1 lots, with a maximum leverage of 1:500 and extremely low variable spreads from 0.1 pips onwards for major currency pairs like EUR/USD. No commission charges for customer operations.
It offers a demo account with no limit of time and full access to all trading platforms of this company.
The customers of ThinkMarkets can trade with the following types of trading platforms:
- Metatrader 4: One of the most comprehensive and popular trading platforms to trade with currency pairs (Forex ) and CFD. This downloadable application was designed with all types of trading tools such as updated quotes, dozens of built-in technical indicators, and advanced price charts with multiple time frames (1 minute to 1 month). It also has a series of modules that allow the creation, evaluation, and implementation of automated trading systems known as expert advisors based on all kinds of strategies. Through this platform, the trader can copy automatically the trades performed by other traders that use this platform. This application offers a Non-Dealing Desk execution.
- cTrader: This is a downloadable trading platform specialized in ECN trading. It was designed to trade with Forex , precious metals (gold and silver spot), and CFD. It has a user-friendly interface that connects the trader with major liquidity providers of ThinkMarkets, including major banks and similar financial institutions. This platform offers several advantages for the professional trader including Non Dealing Desk execution, extremely low and variable spreads from 0.2 pips for the EUR/USD, executions without requotes, a fast trading execution, access to market depth with Level II prices, which provides full transparency in customer transactions (orders are then executed using the volume-weighted average price, starting with the best price in the order book), advanced price graphics and multiple technical analysis tools among others. It also allows the creation, evaluation, and implementation of automated trading systems.
- Webtrader: This is a web-based application (no download or installation required), which provides full access to the trading account and the possibility to trade in the market from anywhere with an Internet connection. It is fully compatible with Metatrader 4 and offers various trading tools like real-time quotes, price charts, technical indicators, various order types, and position management functions.
- Mirror Trader: This is a web-based trading platform, which is designed specifically for the implementation of automated trading systems. This application has several tools for the efficient selection and implementation of thousands of automated trading systems which were designed by expert traders with years of experience in the market. There are several ways of implementing the trading signals (manual, semiautomatic and automatic). It was designed in conjunction with Tradency, one of the main automated trading solutions providers in the industry.
- Zulutrade: Currently, Zulutrade is one of the largest suppliers of automated trading to invest in the Forex market and its trading signals are produced by real traders ( Signal Providers ), some of whom have years of experience in the market. ThinkMarkets allows its customers to integrate their trading accounts with the Zulutrade platform to perform automated trades.
- Platforms for mobile devices: This broker offers several applications that allow to access the trading account and trade in the market from different mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets for example. Among these applications, there are several that are 100 % compatible with Metatrader 4 platform. There is also a platform known as Mirror Trader Mobile, which is a version of Mirror Trader for mobile devices.
The clients of ThinkMarkets have the following options to deposit and withdraw funds from their trading accounts: bank wire transfer, credit card (the most important like VISA and Mastercard), and Skrill and Neteller.
Main Advantages of ThinkMarkets
- ThinkMarkets is a broker from Australia which is duly registered and regulated by ASIC, the main regulatory body for financial services in the country.
- It is an ECN broker, which offers extremely low and variable spreads, fast and secure execution of transactions, and access to market depth (Level II prices) through the cTrader platform.
- Thanks to its Equinix technology, ThinkMarkets offers an extremely fast and secure trading execution for all its clients. The customer transactions are placed in the same data center as its largest liquidity providers.
- On a regular basis, ThinkMarkets provides market analysis performed by expert analysts.
- Several education options about the market and trading in general, including:
- Weekly Webinars
- Manuals and free guides on Forex, CFDs, trading in general, day trading, and related topics.
- A complete course on the Forex market, CFDs, and trading in general, called FX University.
- ThinkMarkets offers several automated trading solutions to its customers, including the ability to use expert advisors through Metatrader 4, the option of connecting the trading account with the Zulutrade platform, and the platform Mirror Trade which is specialized in automated trading.
- Various trading tools as an economic calendar, one-click trading, and an application called Trade Manager which allows the trader to manage all functions and tools of Metatrader 4 through a simple and user-friendly interface. Trade Manager includes other features such as:
- Trading based on market depth (it allows you to place limit orders based on the Level II price information).
- Ability to use multiple sets of orders allowing the application of all types of trading strategies.
- Ability to select the favorite trading instruments and create a network of multiple orders to enter and exit the market quickly.
- This broker offers the possibility to earn money by promoting its services through an affiliate program of its property.
ThinkMarkets Main Promotions
- Currently, this broker offers a welcome bonus of 10% for new customers who open an account and deposit funds.
Other categories of this broker
- Gold Broker.
- Silver Broker.
- CFD Broker.
- Metatrader 4 Broker.
- ECN Broker
Minimum account size
The minimum deposit is $250
Minimum lot size
It offers variable spreads from 0.2 pips for major currency pairs like the EUR/USD and the GBP/USD (cTrader platform).
Link to website