|CM Trading||– STP broker from South Africa specialized in Forex and CFD-Tight spreads and low commissions|
CM Trading – Forex Broker Review
CM Trading is an online Forex and CFD broker that was founded in 2014 in South Africa. As such, the “CM Trading” brand is currently owned by Global Capital Markets Trading and GCMT SA. As a result, CMTrading is under the jurisdiction of the South African Financial Services Board (FSB) and operates under license FSP 38782 issued to Blackstone Marketing SA (PTY) Ltd. Since its founding, it has built a good reputation as a broker with integrity that provides quality services, which include access to a variety of instruments and markets, an automated trading service, and multiple educational resources, ideal for beginning traders.
For all its trading accounts, this broker provides a STP/NDD execution, which means that it provides direct access to its liquidity providers on client trades.
In the following review about the broker CM Trading we are going to show the main brokerage services of this company, including its markets and trading platforms, and what are its greatest advantages.
Type of Broker
CM Trading is a Forex and CFD broker with NDD/STP execution. In this sense, CM Trading offers an STP execution but not an ECN execution.
This broker is regulated by the FSB (Financial Services Board) of South Africa. The license number is FSP 38782, under the corporate name Blackstone Marketing SA (PTY) Ltd. As a regulated broker, the client funds are held in segregated accounts.
Country of origin
The headquarters of this broker are located on 14th Floor Sandton City Office Tower 9, Corner Rivonia Road and 5th Street, Sandton, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa.
Trading Instruments offered by CM Trading
Currently, this broker offers its clients the possibility of trading with the following financial instruments:
- Forex Market: 25 currency pairs in the spot Forex market, including the most relevant and traded ones such as EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF, and others less traded and known as the minor currency pairs. Regarding the trading conditions for the Forex market, CMTrading offers maximum leverage of 1:200 (margin requirement of 0.5%), a minimum transaction size of 0.01 lots, and spreads from 2 pips onwards for the major pairs.
- Precious metals: Gold and spot silver, two of the most important and traded commodities in the markets. For these trades, the leverage offered is 1:100.
- Contracts For Difference – CFDs based on the following underlying assets or instruments:
- Stock indices: 21 stock indices of the main stock markets in the United States, Europe, and Asia, such as the S&P 500, Dow Jones, Nasdaq 100, FTSE 100, CAC 40, DAX 30, Nikkei 225, and Hang Seng among others.
- Commodities: Important commodities such as energy commodities (crude oil and natural gas), agricultural commodities (coffee and sugar), and others.
Note: Trading conditions for CFDs mainly depend on the underlying asset and the state of the market.
Trading Accounts of CM Trading
This broker offers various types of trading accounts for clients with diverse profiles, including beginner traders and professional traders with experience in the markets. The characteristics of these accounts are the following:
|Minimum Deposit (USD)||$250-$999||$1000-$4999||$5000-$24000||$25,000 and up|
|Spreads||Regular spreads||Spreads as low as 1.2 pips||Spreads as low as 0.9 pips||Spreads as low as 0.9 pips|
|Daily market reviews||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Weekly market reviews||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Education options||CMTrading e-book||Webinars
2 free strategies
|Risk free trades||–||1||2||3|
|Access to personal assistant||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to trading specialist||–||–||–||Yes|
|Access to Trading Room||–||–||–||Yes|
|Top News & Analysis||–||–||–||Yes|
|Debit card||–||CMT Debit Card Regular||CMT Debit Card VIP||CMT Debit Card VIP|
-Executive and Gold accounts offer a 1 pip discount on their spreads.
CMTrading offers a practice demo account that allows its clients to familiarize themselves with the company’s services, including its trading platforms, and practice their trading strategies without risking real money in the process.
Trading Platforms of CM Trading
The types of trading platforms offered by this broker to its clients are the following:
- Metatrader 4: It is the most popular trading platform among retail Forex, CFD (Contracts For Difference), and precious metals traders, thanks to its simple interface and multiple advanced trading tools. This application has a variety of benefits, including fast execution, dozens of built-in technical indicators, advanced price charts with multiple time frames (from 1 minute to 1 month), up-to-date market news, and more. The trader can use various types of orders which allows him to execute a wide variety of strategies. Metatrader 4 has modules and a programming language designed to create custom indicators, as well as design, evaluate and implement automated trading systems (Expert Advisors), based on all kinds of strategies. In other words, it is an application that stands out for its versatility.
- CM Trading Webtrader: It is a web-based trading platform, which means it requires no download or installation. It is integrated into the client’s trading account and offers the possibility of trading in many markets from anywhere with an Internet connection. It is based on the Sirix trading system and is characterized by having a simple interface, comprehensive functions for positions management (opening and closing positions), and market analysis tools, such as price charts, the main technical indicators, updated news, and others. Webtrader is integrated with Sirix’s copy trading platform and service.
- CM Trading CopyKat: It is a copy trading platform integrated into the WebTrader platform. It is based on Sirix’s social trading system.
-Platforms for mobile devices: CM Trading offers several trading platforms designed for mobile devices, designed to access the trader’s account and trade in different markets from mobile devices such as smartphones (Android & iOS) and tablets. These applications are based on and are compatible with the Metatrader and Sirix platforms.
CopyKat automated trading service
CM Trading offers a copy trading service called CM Trading CopyKat, which is integrated into the CM Trading Webtrader platform. Both the platform and the social trading system were developed by Sirix, a company that is specialized in trading solutions and systems in the markets. Through this service, CM Trading clients have the ability to copy the trades of other traders in real-time, including experienced traders with winning strategies. All of this with just one click on a button.
The advantages offered by CM Trading CopyKat are the following:
- It allows the client to follow the transactions of other traders and decide whether to copy them.
- It also offers the option to copy the trades of other traders automatically.
- Every time the copied traders carry out their trades, these are automatically executed on the follower’s account using their capital.
- When the copied trader makes a profit, the follower traders also make a profit.
- The process is done automatically. The user does not need to be sitting in front of the computer all day.
- The system is integrated with the CM Trading Webtrader platform, and all copied trades are executed through this application immediately and with almost no delay.
- CopyKat allows beginners to learn from what expert traders do.
- The system allows to search and classify the best traders (signal providers), in such a way that the trader can follow or copy the transactions of selected investors.
- Privacy is complete, follower details are never shared with the signal provider.
-This service can be accessed by all CM Trading clients who have at least $250 in their account.
The means accepted by the company for the deposit and withdrawal of funds are the following:
- Bank wire transfer
- Credit cards (the most important such as VISA and MasterCard)
The minimum deposit to start trading with this broker is $250. Deposits can be made in EUR and USD.
Main Advantages of CM Trading
- CM Trading is a South African regulated Forex broker.
- It regularly offers promotions for its new clients, including welcome bonuses for depositing funds.
- Clients have access to a social trading service that allows real-time copying of other traders’ operations (copytrading).
- CM Trading offers various education resources about markets and trading in general, among which we can highlight the following:
- Courses on the Forex market focused on aspects such as technical indicators, technical patterns and candlestick patterns.
- Video courses on the Forex market, designed for beginners, intermediate traders and advanced traders, which cover a wide variety of topics.
- Free market education for beginning traders.
- The company’s website also includes basic and introductory articles on the markets and trading.
- A comprehensive glossary on financial markets.
- An application called Guardian Angel, monitors the trader’s transactions and provides complete and easy-to-understand information about the way he or she trades. The messages appear on the MT4 or Webtrader console. This tool can help the trader make decisions like a professional and has been tested with thousands of traders, which obtained an improvement in their performance. The service has no cost.
- CM Trading offers the opportunity to earn money by promoting its services as a broker through an affiliate program called CMTrading Affiliates.
CM Trading Main Promotions
This broker offers bonus packages for new and regular clients. The current promotions are:
- Change your broker today, open an account with CM Trading and get up to 100% bonus
Other categories of this broker
- CFD Broker.
- Gold Broker.
- Silver Broker.
- Metatrader broker.
|Company||CM Trading is the Brand name of Global Capital Markets Trading|
|Minimum account size||$250 for Bronze accounts|
|Minimum lot size||0.01 lot.|
|Maximum Leverage||Up to 1:200.|
|Forex Spreads||Variables spread from 0.9 pips for major currency pairs.|
|Link to the website||