FBS Review – Forex and CFD Online Broker
FBS, commercial name of the company FBS Markets Inc, is a Forex and CFD broker founded in 2006 which specializes in offering services that are focused on regular traders with a low to medium level of capital interested in the Forex market and in other financial markets like precious metals. It is an ECN broker that was founded with capital from Russia and other countries, although it currently has its base of operations in Belize, a country also used by other similar companies as a center to carry out its operations. In addition, since 2017, it opened new offices in Cyprus, where it installed another broker, as a subsidiary company, which is regulated by CySEC.
Although initially focused on Asian markets, FBS also offers services to clients around the world, including Europe and Latin America.
In the following FBS review we will present the main features and services of this online broker.
Type of Broker
Regarding regulation, FBS, through its subsidiary companies, has the following licenses from regulatory bodies:
- IFSC (International Financial Services Commission) of Belize, license number IFSC/60/230/TS/17.
- CySEC (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission) of Cyprus, license number 331/17.
Country of origin
Below are the financial assets with which you can speculate through this broker:
- Forex Market: 36 currency pairs in the Forex spot market including the most important and traded ones such as EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY, and other more exotic and less known pairs such as USD/RUB, EUR/CNH and CNH/JPY, among others. In this case, FBS offers a maximum leverage of 1:3000 and very low fixed or variable spreads (depending on the type of account), ranging from 3 pips for the EUR/USD (Micro accounts) and from 0.0 pips for the EUR/USD (ECN accounts).
- Precious metals: Gold, silver, platinum and palladium in the spot market (against the USD), four precious metals of high value that are among the most important and traded commodities in the markets.
- Contracts for Difference – CFDs based on the following financial instruments:
- Stocks: 30 of the main shares in the US stock market such as IBM, Exxon, Boeing, General Electric and others. With this instrument, FBS requires a margin of 10% in each transaction (the amount that the trader must invest to open the position) and charges a commission of 0.09%. Spreads are those dictated by the market at the time the transaction is made.
- Energy Commodities: WTI crude oil and Brent crude oil, the most important energy commodities in the commodities markets.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash against the USD, four of the most important and popular digital currencies in the cryptocurrency market.
As already noted at the beginning, FBS is an ECN broker, which means that it directly connects its clients with direct liquidity providers, that is, it acts as a direct bridge between buyers and sellers. In this way, clients of FBS can trade directly with the largest possible number of banks and other liquidity providers as counterparts (buyers and sellers for their transactions), which in turn allows them to obtain the best prices.
- Cent Account: It is a type of account for beginner traders, for which the minimum deposit is only $1. The Cent account allows the trader to obtain the necessary trading experience with a real account that offers minimal risks: 100 times less than trading in standard trading accounts. It offers a minimum leverage of 1: 1000 with a floating spreads from 1 pip onwards and a minimum transaction size of 0.0001 lots. Cent accounts offer the MT4 and MT5 platforms (5-digit prices). It allows the use of Expert Advisors (automated trading systems) and trading techniques based on scalping. It also allows hedging positions and does not charge trading commissions.
- Micro Account: This is the typical account designed for beginners who are just beginning their careers as traders in Forex and other markets. It offers fixed spreads that go from 3 pips onwards for the main pairs. It can be opened with a minimum deposit of $5. It allows trading in the Forex market (36 currency pairs) with precious metals and CFD. It offers a leverage that goes from 1:1 to 1:3000. Micro accounts offer the MT4 and MT5 platforms (5-digit prices), which offer fast and efficient execution. The minimum trade size is 0.01 lots with a maximum trading volume of 500 lots. This account accepts the use of Expert Advisors and trading techniques based on scalping. It also allows hedging (open a buy position and a sale position in the same pair and at the same time). It does not charge trading commissions.
- Standard Account: These are the regular accounts for traders with experience in the financial markets. It gives the trader the possibility of trading currencies (36 different currency pairs), commodities (precious metals) and CFDs based on different markets. It offers very low floating spreads from 0.5 pips onwards for the main currency pairs. It can be opened with a minimum deposit of $100. It offers a leverage that goes from 1:1 to 1:3000. Standard accounts offer the MT4 and MT5 platforms (5-digit prices), which offer fast and efficient execution. The minimum trade size is 0.01 lots with a maximum trading volume of 500 lots. This account accepts the use of Expert Advisors and trading techniques based on scalping. It also allows hedging. It does not charge trading commissions.
- Zero Spread Account: This is a type of all-purpose account that allows traders to execute their transactions without spreads and with a high execution speed. It helps beginners to familiarize themselves with market conditions easily, without taking into account spreads, and also allows professional traders to apply any type of trading system, including scalping, with maximum efficiency. The Zero Spread account requires a minimum deposit of $500. It offers a minimum leverage of 1:3000 with a 0 spreads in all transactions and a minimum transaction size of 0.01 lots. Standard accounts offer the MT4 and MT5 platforms (5-digit prices), which offer fast and efficient execution. The minimum trade size is 0.01 lots. This account accepts the use of Expert Advisors and trading techniques based on scalping. It also allows hedging. It charges a commission for each trade from 20 USD/lot traded.
- ECN Account: It is the account that offers the greatest advantages for professional traders including the possibility to execute their transactions without spreads and with a high execution speed and are designed to take full advantage of the benefits offered by an ECN broker such as FBS. This account type was created specifically to speculate in the Forex market with 25 currency pairs. It offers floating and very low spreads from 0.0 pips onwards for the main currency pairs, along with Level II market depth thanks to the higher interbank liquidity (immediate orders execution). It can be opened with a minimum deposit of $1000 and offers a leverage ranging from 1: 1 to 1:500. ECN accounts offer the MT4 and MT5 platforms. The minimum trade size is 0.01 lots with a maximum trading volume of 500 lots. The use of Expert Advisors and scalping-based trading techniques is accepted. It also allows hedging. It charges a commission for each trade from 6 USD/traded lot.
It offers a demo account with no limit of time.
A downloadable platform based in Metatrader 4, an application with multiple functions and tools for the trader. Metatrader 4 includes many market analysis tools such as advanced charts, dozens of built-in technical indicators, market news and other. Also, it allow the creation, evaluation and implementation of automated trading systems called Expert Advisors.
The client can deposit and withdrawal money through Bank wire transfer, Visa, Mastercard, FBS Deposit Card, Webmoney, Skrill, Perfect Money, FBS MasterCard, DIXIPAY, China Union Pay, Qiwi, CashU, EgoPay, OKPAY, RBK Money, Neteller.
Main Advantages of FBS
The main advantages and additional services offered by this broker to its clients are the following:
- Currently, FBS is a broker regulated by agencies such as CySEC of Cyprus.
- On a regular basis, FBS bonus packages to its clients by depositing funds in their trading accounts. These packages include a free $100 bonus (no prior deposit required) and a 100% welcome bonus with respect to the initial deposit made by the trader after opening the account.
- This broker regularly organizes trading competitions for customers who have a demo account or a real account. It has currently implemented a monthly trading competition (FBS Pro) for demo accounts that offers cash prizes to the first five places.
- An updated economic calendar of the main economic events that affect the market.
- Free market analysis for various financial instruments such as the main currency pairs.
- Variety of financial assets for trading purposes (more than 200).
- ECN execution for clients transactions, which gives the customer access to the best prices in the market with variable and very low spreads. As an ECN broker, FBS offers the client direct access to large liquidity providers such as banks, other traders and companies related to the financial sector.
- The clients of this broker have the possibility of using any trading strategy, including scalping and hedging.
- A forum where the client can consult any doubt about the services of the broker and the market itself.
- Free Forex education based on webinars taught by experts.
- FBS offers several trading tools on its website, including Forex calculators and data on the interest rates of the main central banks.
- A multi-level affiliate program that allows to obtain additional income by promoting the services of FBS as a broker.
FBS Main Promotions
This broker offers regular bonuses and promotions for all clients. Currently, the new promotions are the following:
- FBS offers a $100 free bonus for new and existing clients. No previous deposit is required.
- A free FBS Mastercard to deposit and withdrawal funds for any client who deposit at least $500.
- FBS has developed a flexible deposit insurance program, where the trader can set the insured by himself (10% to 100%). In this case, the traders can recover up to 100% of their deposits in case they lose it.
- A 30% deposit on every deposit made by the client.
- A trading contest for demo accounts with cash prizes.
- Trading contests for real accounts. Cash Prizes are not limited!
- A series of promotions for IB (Introducing Brokers):
- Become an IB at FBS, acquire 10 clients and get $5000!
Other categories of this broker
- Gold Broker
- Silver Broker
- Metatrader 4 Broker
|Company||FBS Markets Inc.|
|Minimum account size||$1.|
|Minimum lot size||0.01 lot.|
|Spreads||Variable (floating) spreads from 0.2 pips for EUR/USD.|
|Link to the website|
|Open an account|