Valutrades – Forex Broker Review
Valutrades is a Forex and CFD broker founded in 2013 which has its headquarters located in the United Kingdom. It is an ECN/STP type broker, which means that it does not act as the counterpart in the transactions of its clients and offers tight and variable spreads, since it acts as an intermediary between its clients and other market participants, including large financial institutions such as banks (liquidity providers). In addition, as an ECN broker, Valutrades accepts all types of trading strategy, including scalping and HFT (High Frequency Trading).
The trading accounts of this broker use ECN technology to offer rapid execution of milliseconds against the best Bid / Ask prices. Valutrades servers are hosted in the Equinix NY4 data center. This is the largest data center for currency trading. This is the ideal location for servers to provide fast execution of orders and free VPS servers.
Type of Broker
Valutrades is an ECN/STP Forex and CFD broker that offers Standard and ECN trading accounts.
This broker is a company that is authorized and regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) under registration number 586541, the financial services regulatory authority of the UK. The regulation of this country has stricter standards and supervision.
Country of origin
Valutrades headquarters are located in the United Kingdom.
The clients of this broker have the possibility to trade with the following financial instruments:
- Forex Markets: More than 50 currency pairs in the Forex spot market, including the most important and traded in the market, including the EUR/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD, and other more exotic and less traded as the USD/PLN, SGD/JPY, and USD/ZAR among others. As for the Forex trading conditions, this broker offers a maximum leverage of 1:500, a minimum transaction size of 0.01 lots and fixed spreads (from 1 pip onwards) or variable spreads (from 0 pips onwards) quite low, depending on the type of account chosen by the trader.
- Commodities: Gold and silver in the spot market (against USD and EUR), two of the most important and traded commodities in the financial markets.
- Contracts For Difference: Valutrades offers the following underlying assets to trade with CFD:
- Copper: Copper futures.
- Crude oil: WTI crude oil (USA) and Brent crude oil (United Kingdom).
- Stock Indices: 12 of the most important stock indexes in the market, including the Dow Jones, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, CAC 40, IBEX 35 and Nikkei 225 among others.
* CFD trading conditions depend on the underlying asset of the contract. For example, for CFDs on indices and commodities, the leverage is up to 1:50.
Clients of Valutrades have the option to choose between two types of trading accounts, which differ basically in the type of execution, trading conditions and other factors, as shown below:
|Account type||Standard Account||ECN Account|
|Main features||It is an account that keeps things simple. Commissions are applied in the spread, which means there are no separate commission entries or complex accounting. All costs are included in the spread. It is ideal for beginners and long term traders.||It offers access to some of the best trading conditions available with 0 spreads and an account tailored for the professional trader. It is ideal for active traders, EAs, scalping and news trading.|
|Trading Instruments||80+ Symbols (Forex, precious metals and CFD)||80+ Symbols (Forex, precious metals and CFD)|
|Minimum trade size||0.01 lots||0.01 lots|
|Limit on the number of open positions||No||No|
|Spreads (Forex)||From 1.0 pips onwards||From 0.0 pips onwards|
|Commissions (Forex)||No||3 USD per side|
|Commissions (CFD)||No||0.30 USD per side|
|Trading platform||Metatrader 4, Metatrader 5 and Webtrader||Metatrader 4, Metatrader 5 and Webtrader|
|Expert Advisors||Yes (with certain restrictions)||Yes|
|Free VPS hosting service||Yes||Yes|
|Access to educational resources||Yes||Yes|
|Limit on distance of current price orders||Yes||No|
Both accounts use ECN technology to offer fast millisecond execution against the best Bid/Ask prices. Valutrades servers are housed in the Equinix NY4 data center. This is the largest currency trading data center. This is the ideal location for servers to provide fast order execution and free VPS servers.
Valutrades offers a demo account with no time limit, which can be used to practice any trading strategy and evaluate the services of this broker without risking real money in the process.
Valutrades currently offers several trading platforms for its clients, which are described below:
- Metatrader 4: It is one of the most comprehensive and popular trading platforms in the industry due to the multiple trading tools that it offers to the trader. This downloadable application includes many types of functions such as dozens of built-in technical indicators built, advanced graphics with multiple time frames (1 minute to 1 month), real-time quotes and the possibility to receive market news from various sources. It also offers the possibility of using automated trading systems known as Expert Advisors (designed based on the programming language MSQL 4) based on all sorts of strategies to trade in the market.
- Metatrader 5: It’s the new version of the Metatrader platform. This application includes several improvements over Metatrader 4, for example, more built-in technical indicators, additional time frames for graphics and others. It also has an application that allows the development, evaluation, and implementation of custom trading systems known as Expert Advisors, based on the MQL5 programming language. It has more orders types and allows to trade with more trading assets, including stocks. In other words, it is an improved version of Metatrader 4 created for advanced and beginner traders.
- Platforms for mobile devices: Valutrades offers several applications based on Metatrader 4 through which their clients can access their accounts and trade in the markets offered by this broker from different mobile devices such as smartphones (iPhone and Android) and tablets. These platforms offer updated quotes, price charts, market news, and even technical indicators for analysis.
-Valutrades also offers professional order execution through a FIX API.
The clients of this broker can deposit and withdrawal funds through Bank Wire Transfer, Credit Cards (the main cards like Visa and MasterCard), Skrill, Neteller and WebMoney
Currencies accepted by Valutrades for the deposit of funds are EUR, USD, and GBP.
Main Advantages of Valutrades
- Valutrades is a broker duly regulated by the FCA, one of the main financial services regulatory bodies in Europe.
- It is a Forex and CFD ECN broker, offering low spreads (from 0 pips) and fast order execution.
- It offers the Metatrader 4 platform in its two versions (downloadable and web-based). Customers can also use Metatrader 5.
- Accept all kinds of Expert Advisors (automated trading systems) on the Metatrader 4 platform.
- Valutrades accepts all types of trading strategies, including scalping, hedging. HFT and trading during the market news.
- It offers a free VPS hosting service to all its clients.
- Access to updated market news.
- This broker offers a number of educational resources for the client, including free webinars and articles on various trading topics.
- Various premium resources for its clients including free modified indicators for MT4, such as range bars and price action settings, for example.
- It has a fairly comprehensive affiliate program that allows its clients to earn additional income by promoting Valutrades services as a broker.
Valutrades Main Promotions
- For regulatory reasons, Valutrades and other regulated brokers in Europe no longer offer bonus promotions.
Other categories of this broker
- Gold Broker.
- Silver Broker.
- CFD Broker.
- ECN Broker.
- MT4 Broker
|Minimum account size||$50|
|Minimum lot size||The minimum transaction size is 0.01 lots|
|Spreads||Valutrades offers variable spreads depending on market conditions from 0.0 pips for EUR/USD.|
|Demo account||Yes, with no limit of time.|
|Link to the website|