GKFX Review – Forex broker regulated by FCA
GKFX is a regulated Forex and CFD broker from United Kingdom which offers access to many markets, besides Forex, through Contracts For Difference. It was founded in 2009. This broker offer several services to its clients, including a web based trading platform, platforms for mobile devices, regular promotions and more.
GKFX is a Market Maker broker, which means that it offers fixed spreads regardless of market conditions, and can sometimes act as the counterpart of its clients during their trades. However, it also offers a trading account with similar trading conditions to those that characterize STP brokers with variable and extremely low spreads. Because it is a Market Maker, it does not charge commissions directly for the transactions of its clients, obtaining its profits through the spread that charges in the prices.
Type of broker
- FCA of United Kingdom (Registration number 501320)
- CNVM of Spain (Registration number 71)
Country of origin
- Forex Market: 90different currency pairs in the Forex spot market, including the most important such as the EUR/USD, USD/JPY and the GBP/USD and other more exotic and less traded like the USD/ZAR, USD/RON and GBP/TRY.
- Commodities: Gold and Silver in the spot market, two of the most important and traded commodities in the financial markets.
- Energy Commodities: WTI Oil and Brent Oil Future.
- Copper: Copper futures.
- Stock indexes: 14 of the most important stock indexes in Europe, the United States and Asia, such as the FTSE 100, CAC 40, DAX 30, S&P 500, NASDAQ 100, Dow Jones and Nikkei 225 among others.
- Shares: 276 of the most important stocks in major European and US stock markets such as Apple, Google, IBM, Facebook, Bayer, Adidas, BMW, Daimler Benz, BP, BAE Systems, Royal Dutch Shell and Roche among other.
- Government Bonds: German 10 years Bund Futures.
Trading Accounts of GKFX
GKFX offers several different types of trading accounts for clients of diverse profiles, from beginners with little initial capital to invest up to experienced traders with more experience in the financial markets. These types of accounts are described below:
|Account Type||Micro Fix||Standard Fix||Standard Variable||VIP|
|Description||This is an account that offers tight spreads that start at 1.5 pips. The trader can easily trade without minimum deposit requirement.||It is a trading account for more experienced traders which also allows to trade with tight spreads starting from 1.5 pips. The trader can easily trade without minimum deposit requirement.||It is a trading account for experienced traders that allows to trade with variable and low spreads from 1.2 pips. The trader can easily trade without minimum deposit requirement.||It is a trading account for VIP clients of GKFX, which offers improved trading conditions such as lower spreads.|
|Minimum deposit||No minimum deposit||No minimum deposit||No minimum deposit||25000|
|Instruments||Forex, commodities and CFD||Forex, commodities and CFD||Forex, commodities and CFD||Forex, commodities and CFD|
|Minimum lot size||0.01 lots||0.1 lots||0.1 lots||1 lot|
|Maximum lot size||5 lots||50 lots||100 lots||100 lots|
|Spreads||Fixed from 1.5 pips on||Fixed from 1.5 pips on||Variable from 1.2 pips on||Variable from 0.6 pips on|
|Trading platforms||Metatrader 4 and Webtrader||Metatrader 4 and Webtrader||Metatrader 4 and Webtrader||Metatrader 4 and Webtrader|
|Expert Advisors alloweb||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to daily newsletters||Si||Si||Si||Si|
|Access to reports and analysis from Trading Central and Autochartist||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Account currency||USD, EUR, GBP||USD, EUR, GBP||USD, EUR, GBP||USD, EUR, GBP|
- Metatrader 4: This broker offers a downloadable trading platform based on Metatrader 4, the most used application of its kind in the sector thanks to its multiple trading tools for the trader, among which we can mention the following:
- Metatrader 4 is an application that consumes few computational resources, so the computer will not be slowed down when the platform is activated.
- Market quotes in real time.
- Various orders types for position management including Stop Orders and Limit Orders.
- Advanced price charts.
- A customizable and user-friendly interface.
- Multiple built-in technical indicators, such as moving averages, stochastic oscillators and others.
- Metatrader 4 includes a system that allows the creation (through a program called Metaquotes), evaluation (through historical market data) and implementation of automated trading systems known as Expert Advisors. These systems can be designed using almost any type of trading strategy and according to their programming can trade autonomously in the market 24 hours a day.
- This platform allows to receive updates and important news on the market that can have incidence in the price movements.
- Instant execution of orders.
- MT4 Webtrader: It is a web-based platform (no download or installation required) which can be accessed from any site with an Internet connection. It is based on the Metatrader 4 platform and has many of its main functions, including updated quotes and price charts. Its biggest advantage is that it provides greater flexibility to the client in their trades.
- Metatrader 4 Multiterminal: For professional traders who manage third-party funds, Metatrader 4 has a multi-terminal version designed to handle multiple trading accounts simultaneously. This application is ideal for both fund managers and professional traders accustomed to managing multiple accounts.
- Platforms for mobile devices: GKFX offers its customers a range of applications designed to access the trading account and trade in all markets offered by the company from mobile devices such as smartphones (Android, iOS and Windows Phone) and tablets. These platforms include trading management functions, updated quotes, market news, price charts and even technical analysis tools.
Tradeworks automated trading platform
GKFX offers all its clients Tradeworks, a simple automated algorithm trading application (developed by a Danish company), designed for both beginner and experienced traders, with a simple and easy-to-use interface that automates any strategy Trading in minutes.
The use of Tradeworks does not require advanced programming and coding skills. In this way, the operator can automate in a short time their trading systems and apply advanced monetary management tools. This platform has a built-in backtesting system developed by the company, which allows the operator to analyze the historical performance of their preferred strategies.
Main Advantages of GKFX
- GKFX is a broker regulated by major financial services regulators in Europe, such as the FCA of UK.
- Customers of this broker have access to a wide variety of markets through their trading platforms.
- Daily analysis and updated market news directly on the company’s website. This service is provided free of charge.
- It also has a specialized blog with market analysis and articles on various topics.
- This broker offers several automated trading options to its clients, including the use of Expert Advisors on Metatrader 4 platforms and an automated trading platform called Tradeworks, developed by the company.
- Anyone interested in the services of this broker, can request a free call from the customer service staff of the company in order to clarify any doubts. This call can be requested by completing a simple form on the website.
- This broker offers both trading accounts with fixed spreads and no commissions as trading accounts with variable spreads (extremely low).
- Access to reports and market analysis of Trading Central and Autochartist. GKFX also offers plugins and custom indicators with analytical tools developed by both services.
- A variety of educational resources about the market and trading in general, including:
- Free ebooks.
- Educational videos about the market.
- Free webinars on various topics.
- Tutorials on Forex, CFD, economic indicators and MT4 platform.
- A Forex VPS hosting service for clients with a minimum initial balance of $4000 USD or who pay a fixed monthly fee of $25.
- It has a customer service that offers various means of contact both to potential customers and to customers who have a trading account with the company.
- An updated economic calendar with all the news and events that can have important effects on the markets.
- GKFX offers the opportunity to make a profit by promoting its services as a broker, through a proprietary affiliate program.
Main Offers of GKFX
- For the moment the company is not offering any promotion.
Other Categories of this broker
- Gold Broker.
- Silver Broker.
- CFD Broker.
- Oil Broker.
- Metatrader Broker.
Global Capital Group
Minimum account size
Minimum lot size
-Fixed spreads which from 1.5 pips for major currency pairs like the EUR/USD.
-Variable spreads from 0.6 pips for major currency pairs.
Link to the website
Open an account