|XTB||– STP broker from Europe specialized in Forex and CFD|
-Regulated by organizations such as the FCA
-Tight spreads and low commissions
Review of the Forex broker XTB
XTB is a regulated Forex and CFD broker in Europe, which was founded in 2002 and whose headquarters are located in Poland. It also has offices in several major European countries such as Spain and the United Kingdom, as well as offices in several countries in Latin America, including Mexico, Argentina and Chile.
This company stands out for the variety of markets it offers to its clients, in addition to Forex, which include stocks, commodities and cryptocurrencies that can be traded through CFD under favorable trading conditions for the trader. It started trading on the Warsaw Stock Exchange in 2016 after a successful initial public offering that valued the company at almost $350 million.
In the following XTB review, we will present the main features and services of this online broker
Type of Broker
XTB is a NDD/STP Forex broker.
XTB currently offers its services through several companies that have different locations and are under different regulations, which allows them to offer their services to clients from different regions that have more or less strict regulations on financial services. These companies and their regulation are as follows:
- XTB Sucursal is regulated and authorized by the CNMV (National Securities Market Commission) in Spain.
- XTB Limited is regulated and authorized by the FCA of the United Kingdom, with the Reference Number: 522157
- XTB International Limited (XTB) is regulated by the IFSC of Belize, with license number IFSC / 60/413 / TS / 17. This broker is authorized to offer its services to customers in Latin America.
- X-Trade Brokers DM SA is authorized and regulated by Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego (KNF) of Poland.
As you can see in this XTB review, this company presents a high level of reliability for its regulation and multiple licenses and for the quality of its services
Country of origin
The headquarters of this broker are located in London, United Kingdom.
XTB currently offers its customers more than 1500 markets for trading purposes, among which we can highlight:
- Forex Market: 48 currency pairs of the Forex spot market, including the most important and popular, such as the EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY, and less known and traded pairs (including exotic pairs) such as USD/ZAR , EUR/PLN, EUR/NOK and CHF/HUF among others. Regarding the trading conditions, XTB offers a maximum leverage of 1:200 (1:30 for European countries), a minimum transaction size of 0.01 lots and prices with low and variable spreads from 0.1 pips for major currency pairs. In addition, it offers prices and executions through DMA (Direct Market Access) without requotes.
- Precious metals: Gold and silver spot, two of the most important and traded commodities in the markets.
- CFD: Contracts for Difference based on the following underlying assets (markets):
- Commodities: 8 of the most important commodities in the commodity markets (futures and spot contracts on commodities) such as gold, silver, crude oil, natural gas, copper and cocoa among others.
- Indices: 35 stock indices of the main securities markets of the United States, Europe and Asia, including the US30 (Dow Jones 30), US500 (S&P 500), US100 (Nasdaq 100), UK 100 (FTSE 100), FRA40 (CAC 40), SPA 35 (IBEX 35) and JAP 225 (Nikkei 225) among others. XTB offers CFD contracts on index futures and on the current value of the underlying index (continuous CFD on stock indices). Continuous index CFDs do not have an expiration date and do not incur in rollover costs.
- Shares: More than 1500 shares of the main securities markets of the United States, Europe and Asia. Among the stocks that we can trade in XTB, we can mention Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, BMW, Bayer, Adidas, Toyota, Sony and others.
- ETF (Exchange Traded Funds): 81 of the most important ETFs in the market, offering indirect access to a variety of markets and assets types, such as the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average Trust, iShares MSCI United Kingdom, SPDR Gold Shares and iShares China Large-Cap among others.
- Cryptocurrencies: Contracts based on the 25 most important cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Dash, Cardano, Stellar and Tron among others. In this case, the trader can speculate with the price of the cryptocurrencies in relation to the USD or in relation to other digital currencies (currency pairs formed by two cryptocurrencies).
* Note: The trading conditions of the CFDs depend on the underlying asset of the contract and the current market conditions.
According to our XTB review, this broker offers several types of trading accounts for clients of different profiles. According to the geographic region of its clients, XTB offers the following types of accounts:
|Minimum Opening Deposit (USD)||500||15000|
|Available markets for trading||Forex and CFDs on stocks, indices, ETFs, commodities and cryptocurrencies||Forex and CFDs on stocks, indices, ETFs, commodities and cryptocurrencies|
|Maximum leverage||1:200 (1:30 for European clients)||1:200 (1:30 for European clients)|
|Order execution||Market execution||Market execution|
|Spreads||From 1.6 pips onwards||From 0.28 pips onwards|
|Minimum trade size||0.01 lots||0.1 lots|
|Trading platforms||Metatrader 4 and xStation5||Metatrader 4 and xStation5|
|Automated Trading Options||Yes||Yes|
|Commissions (Forex, indices and commodities)||No commissions||From USD 4 per lot traded|
|Comisiones (Criptomonedas)||No commissions||From USD 4 per lot traded|
|Protection against negative balance||Yes||Yes|
According to the account type and the total deposit made by the trader in the trading account, the service levels offered by this broker to its clients are the following:
|Volume in lots||0||10||100|
|Deposit required (USD)||500||15000||50000|
|Access to premium educational service||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Daily analysis of the markets||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to personal analyst||–||Yes||Yes|
|Access to exclusive seminars||–||Yes||Yes|
|Personal Financial Executive||–||Yes||Yes|
|Portfolio analysis and position monitoring||–||–||Yes|
|Access to individual seminars||–||–||Yes|
|Customized market reports||–||–||Yes|
It offers a demo account with a time limit of 30 days.
This broker offers several trading platforms with the following features:
-Metatrader 4: This trading platform is one of the most complete and popular in the Forex market. It is a downloadable application which includes many features such as updated quotes, advanced charts with multiple timeframes (from 1 minute to 1 month), many built-in technical indicators, graphic analysis tools like Fibonacci and Gann tools and many other. Also, this platform allows the trader the creation, evaluation and implementation of automated trading systems called Expert Advisors. In the same way, the trader can create and evaluate an almost unlimited variety of personalized indicators. In the same way, the trader can create and evaluate an almost unlimited variety of custom indicators.
–xStation 5 platform: It is a downloadable trading platform developed by XTB, which was designed for trading with currency pairs and CFD (more than 3000 instruments). It is a quite versatile platform that can be used by both experienced traders and beginners. It has a simple and easy to use interface and offers different trading tools and functions, including several orders types, a fast order execution , technical analysis tools and multiple windows to display price charts. Among the most outstanding functions offered by this platform we can mention:
- A chat for traders.
- A module for stocks analysis.
- Advanced technical analysis tools.
- Market sentiment.
- Multiple orders closing with one click
- Trading from the charts
- Complete trading statistics of the trader
–xStation 5 Web Version: It is a web-based online application that does not require download or installation and is based on the xStation5 platform. Despite not having the same amount of functions as the downloadable version for desktops, it is a quite versatile platform that allows the client to trade either from home, work or any other site with a computer and Internet connection. It offers most trading tools available on the desktop platform, including live quotes, advanced price charts, various types of orders, advanced technical analysis tools and a stock analysis module.
-Platforms for mobile devices: XTB offers several applications based on Metatrader 4 and xStation 5, which allows accessing the trading account and all markets offered by this broker from mobile devices such as smartphones (Android and iOS). These platforms have a simple user interface and trading tools such as updated quotes and price charts with built-in technical analysis tools.
XTB educational resources for the trader
For all the company’s clients, this broker offers a series of educational resources created for their training as traders, which are designed by experts. These resources include:
- XTB Trading Academy: Through its trading academy, XTB offers educational material for both experienced and beginners traders. Through this service, the client can access complex tutorials on the Forex market, CFDs, trading in general and even the trading platforms offered by this broker. The courses have the following levels:
- Basic: Through these courses, you will learn about basic concepts on investment, trading and XTB trading platforms.
- Intermediate: These are courses focused on advanced trading tools and techniques at the level of expert traders.
- Expert: This level offers courses on strategies and advanced trading concepts, risk management, and much more.
- Premium: At this level, the customer gets access to XTB Premium content, videos, documents and strategies from the best traders in the world on xStation
- Live webinars in English, Spanish and other languages on the Forex market, CFD and stocks, and on other topics related to trading in general. Webinars are also offered for users interested in learning how to use XTB trading platforms.
- News and updated daily reports of the markets.
- Analysis of the main markets carried out by experts, including Forex market reviews, specific stocks and the market in general.
XTB offers its clients exclusive access to trading signals provided by the main investment banks in the world, such as Morgan Stanley, BofA Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and Barclays among others.
The minimum deposit to open an account with this broker is $250. The currencies accepted are the USD and the CPL.
The accepted means for the deposit and withdrawal of funds in XTB are the following:
- Bank wire transfer.
- Credit cards (Credit card (the most important ones like VISA and Mastercard)
Main Advantages of XTB
In addition to the aforementioned services, XTB has a number of advantages that make it a very interesting broker, which include the following:
- It is an online broker in Europe regulated by the main financial services regulators such as the FCA of UK and the CNMV of Spain.
- It has a good customer service with dedicated staff for clients from different geographical areas, including Europe and Asia.
- This broker offers a wide variety and number of markets for trading purposes, in addition to Forex, with more than 1500 trading instruments.
- Free education resources on the most important aspects of trading, including live webinars, individual seminars, portfolio analysis and position monitoring and trading courses for advanced and beginners traders.
- A free trading signals service, provided by the main investment banks.
- Analysis and reviews of a wide variety of markets carried out by experts.
- XTB offers several types of trading platforms, including Metatrader 4 and xStation, a proprietary platform developed by the company. It also has platforms for mobile devices
- This broker offers the possibility of obtaining additional benefits by promoting the company’s services through an affiliate program owned by them.
XTB Main Promotions
Due to the regulations of the relevant regulatory bodies in Europe, XTB no longer offers any type of bonus promotion to its customers.
Other categories of this broker
- STP Broker.
- Gold Broker.
- Silver Broker.
- CFD Broker.
- Metatrader Broker
- Crypto Broker.
You can find more information about this broker in the following guides where we explain how to open an account, deposit funds and other basic aspects that may be of interest to the trader: